‘Editor’s Corner’ is a monthly-ish series highlighting what I’m loving, what I’ve been up to, what’s on my mind and more.
1. We had lots of fun celebrating the Fourth of July. We went to the Urbandale parade and an I-Cubs game with fireworks.
2. This was the long-awaited month that I attended Taylor Swift’s The Eras Tour. You can read all about it HERE.
4. Lake had so much fun attending Princess Dance Camp for three evenings this month. The little performance they did on the concluding evening was adorable.
5. My best friend Kelsi had her bridal shower and bachelorette dinner this month. Her bachelorette dinner was at Proudfoot and Bird (so delicious!) and her bridal shower was at The Venue in Valley Junction (a beautiful event space).
6. Kelsi and I went and saw Barbie and we both thought it was really good. It was also fun to see everyone who dressed up in Barbie-inspired outfits.
8. Did you score any great deals on Amazon Prime Day? We needed a couple of car seats got a good deal on this one.
9. The next time we go on a trip, I might have to try out this viral kids packing hack.
11. And lastly, ONE GOOD QUOTE:
“When life changes, you will probably miss the way it was. You may miss those long morning drives or walks to the office, or those hectic family gatherings. You may miss them because those moments are finite — you will only travel those streets and see those people a certain amount of times.
Every time you do something that is one less time you do it. One day you will do something the final time and you will rarely know when that day comes.
For all you know, today might be the last time you walk in a particular neighborhood. Or it might be the last time you smile at a particular someone. To think otherwise, would be foolish. Nothing is guaranteed, except this moment. Your only real choice is to cherish every exchange like it is your last — because it very well might be.
Therefore, the best way to cherish life is to remind yourself of life’s impermanence. It is to remember that every time you see someone that is one less time you see them. It is to remember that every time you go somewhere that is one less time you visit. By doing this, you naturally slow down. Almost like a reflex, you start to truly live.”-ENTREPRENEUR AND CREATIVE DIRECTOR ANDREW ANABI ON HOW TO CHERISH LIFE
Hope you have a great August!
*Click HERE to read past Editor’s Corner posts.