Taylor Swift’s Eras Tour…Oh my gosh, where do I even begin?!
If you know me, you know I’m a HUGE Swiftie. I’ve been a big Taylor fan ever since I discovered her debut album on MySpace back in 2006. I’ve followed her throughout her entire career and it’s been incredible to watch her meteoric rise to superstardom.
By sheer luck I was able to score tickets when they went on sale back in November. That day is still a blur and I will never know how I was able to procure them in the midst of the Ticketmaster fiasco, but I’m beyond grateful I was one of the lucky ones.
I went to the concert with T and my best friend/fellow Swiftie, Elisabeth. We attended the Kansas City Night 2 show on July 8 at Arrowhead Stadium. We were fortunate to have great seats in Section 102.
This was my sixth time seeing Taylor in concert and it was by far the best. (Before The Eras Tour, The Reputation Stadium Tour was my favorite.)
I have a bunch of random thoughts so let’s just break out the bulletpoints!
- It was super hot in the days leading up to the event, but somehow we lucked out and ended up having unseasonable cool weather the day/night of the concert.
- It was SO much fun to see everyone’s outfits. The creativity and effort that went in to some were mind-blowing.
- A fellow fan saw and loved T’s T-shirt so much that they gave him a ‘Swiftie Husband’ friendship bracelet.
- I love that Lesley Gore’s “You Don’t Own Me” is the last song to play before Taylor takes the stage. (I have always thought it’s one of the the best karaoke songs!)
- Screaming the bridge of “Cruel Summer” was everything I thought it would be and more.
- The heart hands and twirl during “Fearless” is so cute/nostalgic.
- Taylor looked like a Holiday Barbie during “Enchanted” in her gorgeous, gorgeous gown.
- One of my favorite parts of the show was when she gave her hat to a lucky kiddo during “22.”
- While “Betty” and “Bad Blood” are not songs I listen to all that often, they hit different live and it was so much fun to sing along.
- Reputation is my favorite album and that set was my favorite. “Ready For It” was an absolute blast.
- The surprise songs were “Dorothea” and “Last Kiss.” The latter is one of my absolute favorites, so I was thrilled.
- Seeing her perform “Long Live” on the koi fish guitar was extaordinary. I will always get a little teary-eyed singing this one.
- My favorite part of the show was her performance of “All Too Well (10 Minute Version).” (The bridge of “Illicit Affairs” was a very close second).
While all of Taylor’s past concerts were amazing, this one was on a completely different level – it was a whole production. The massive stage, elaborate set design, fun choreography, sea of light-up bracelets, unbridled joy of the fans – the magnitude of it all was just so much bigger and more electric. It also didn’t even feel like the concert was 3 hours and 15 minutes which is kind of crazy!
Here are some photos I snapped as well as a couple of videos in my Instagram post: