‘Editor’s Corner’ is a monthly-ish series highlighting what I’m loving, what I’ve been up to, what’s on my mind and more!
I hope you all had a nice May – or “Maycember” as my sister-in-law calls it due to the month basically being as busy as December. Although I got sick this past week, the month was filled with lots of fun events and activities. While it’s been a fun month, it’s obviously been an extremely trying one for our country. Between the baby formula shortage, high gas prices, discourse over Roe v. Wade and what seems like a never-ending string of mass shootings, the bad news seems to compound daily. While it’s good to stay informed and help out if possible, please remember to take care of yourself and your mental and physical health as well.
1. Lake turned 3 this month! I said this in the post but it seems like just yesterday she was born. Time is a thief in many regards, but especially when it comes to kids and how fast they grow up!
2. Kevin celebrated his birthday this month as well. He turned 5! He recently underwent surgery but fortunately he’s back to his happy-go-lucky self.
3. T and I took a trip to Arizona at the end of April into the beginning of May and had an amazing time! (The above photo was taken there). I’ve been going through all of the photos from our trip and will be writing a blog post all about it. The only bummer was we missed my beloved Drake Relays. I enjoyed following all the updates on Instagram, though.
RELATED READING: Arizona Trip 2022: What We Did, Where We Ate!
4. I hope all the moms and mother figures had a wonderful Mother’s Day! I had a relaxing day on Saturday (I worked on blog posts, yay!) and then had a wonderful day hanging out with T, Lake and Etta on Sunday!
5. Lake completed her first session of gymnastics! She started last August and the session ended last week. It was a 2-year-old, parent-assisted, co-ed gymnastics class. She’ll be participating in the summer session starting next month, which is the 3-year-old, co-ed, class. She’s really enjoyed it and made a great friend who will also taking the summer class! T and I have loved watching her have so much fun with it!
6. There were a few things I missed due to being sick – Seeing Hamilton at the Civic Center (It would have been our third time seeing it, so while it was a bummer it wasn’t too big of a deal), the Asian Heritage Festival (I always love seeing the performances and walking around) and Blank Park Zoo’s Wild Lights (Fortunately, T was still able to take Lake and Etta and meet up with some friends of ours). C’est la vie! The way I see it is getting sick is a part of life, it could always be worse and it’s good to not get what you want from time to time.
7. Always a good reminder for Memorial Day and every day – Freedom isn’t free.
9. I’m having issues with my email subscription service, so if you’re signed up to receive notifications of new blog posts and haven’t been, that’s why. I’ll be sure to post on here when you can re-register.
10. Father’s Day will be here before we know it! (June 19). I’ll be posting my Father’s Day gift guide tomorrow! (See gift guide HERE).
11. I signed up for Bread By Chelsa B’s bread club and it was one of the best decisions of my life. Artisan sourdough for breakfast, lunch and dinner is pretty much my dream!
12. Safety tip! Even though this post is from a year ago, it just recently came to my attention and is absolutely still relevant to know about today…Also, another good tip: If you have an automatic garage, you park your vehicle in the driveway or on the street and you’re going to be gone on vacation or away for awhile, DON’T leave your garage door opener in your vehicle. If your vehicle gets broken into, then the burglar can use the opener to gain access to your garage and possibly your house if that door is unlocked.
13. If you’re on the hunt for some good sunscreen or cute sunglasses for summer, I recently posted some of my favorites on my LIKEtoKNOW.it!
16. Upon turning 70, Kevin Kelly, the founding editor of Wired magazine shared 103 nuggets of wisdom that he’s picked up over the years. I read all of them and there are some major wisdom bombs in there.
17. Did you watch the Kentucky Derby? Oh my gosh it was exciting! Perhaps the greatest Kentucky Derby victory of all time?!!
18. I’ve been using this hair detangler on Lake’s semi-curly hair for awhile now and it works really well. It also makes her hair really shiny and smooth!
20. Speaking of dresses – Sydney McLaughlin’s wedding and reception dresses…so, so stunning!
21. I was touched by this story. What an incredible mother and mission.
23. How dreamy is this setting?!
25. I’m so excited about the news of this upcoming podcast. Laguna Beach still holds the title of all-time favorite reality show, so I can’t wait to hear what Kristin, Stephen and the former cast and crew members have to say!
26. If you’re in need of some beautiful flowers at a great price, definitely hit up Trader Joe’s and check out this post on how to arrange them. Also, I picked up this new product the last time I was at TJ’s and they’re super delicious!
27. And lastly, ONE GOOD QUOTE:
“People overrate intensity and underrate consistency.”-BRAD STULBERG
I hope you had a wonderful May! Thanks so much for reading!!
*Click HERE to read past Editor’s Corner posts.