‘Editor’s Corner’ is a monthly-ish series highlighting what I’m loving, what I’ve been up to, what’s on my mind and more.
1. The most exciting occurrence of the month: Etta turned TWO!
2. I hope all of the fathers and father figures had a great Father’s Day! A very special shout-out to T. Words fail me when I try to adequately express how grateful I am that Lake and Etta have him as a dad. For Father’s Day, we were pretty much a carbon copy of last year – Brunch at Americana and a stroll around Gray’s Lake.
3. Speaking of Father’s Day, T was featured in Fabulous Iowa’s ‘Fab Dads.’ Check it out HERE.
4. Lake had her first-ever dance recital this month. She was so excited and did such a great job. She was most excited about her costume and getting to wear makeup. Her tap song was “Do You Believe In Magic” and her ballet song was “I Hope You Dance” <—tearjerker! If you’re interested, I wrote a post about what products I used to achieve her recital look.
5. We had a fun weekend trip to Omaha to visit the Zoo and Children’s Museum. Both places are definitely family favorites of ours. Click HERE to check out tips for visiting the Zoo and HERE to read about out visit to the Children’s Museum last year.
6. I was so happy I got the opportunity to partner with Climb Iowa because it’s somewhere I’ve been wanting to check out for so long. My friend Kelsi came with me and we had a blast. Check out the reel HERE.
7. Lake started up swim lessons this month. She took them for four months last year and will do the same again this year. Next year we’ll get Etta signed up as well.
8. T and I took a day off work and attended the Walnut Antique Show in Walnut, Iowa. It was so much fun to walk around and see all of the vintage and antique pieces as well as just enjoy the nice summer weather!
10. This made me laugh.
12. I don’t follow Mel Robbins but I love hearing little nuggets of wisdom of her like this.
14. I have rekindled my love for NYX Butter glosses. I have a few favorites but Praline (a deep nude) is my number one.
16. I recently came across Daniel LaBelle and his athletic prowess is a little mind-blowing.
17. And lastly, ONE GOOD QUOTE:
“If we do it now, we’ll never run out of time.”
Hope you have a *sparkling* July!
P.S. – ICYMI this month:
Fab Dads: T!
Lake’s First Dance Recital: Hair and Makeup Products
Etta is 2!
*Click HERE to read past Editor’s Corner posts.