‘Editor’s Corner’ is a monthly-ish series highlighting what I’m loving, what I’ve been up to, what’s on my mind and more.
1. Easter is right around the corner! If you need a side dish idea, check out this post and if you need to fill an Easter basket for a little one, check out my Easter Basket Ideas For Little Kids from last year. Also, this egg decorating kit looks super cool. You can use real eggs or these wooden ones would be great if you want to save them.
2. Lake and Etta have have been loving this Target toy shopping cart and I must say it’s a really cute and well-made. It goes in and out of stock quite a bit so if it’s out of stock, keep checking back.
3. We visited the Des Moines Science Center this month and had some great family fun. Lake and Etta had a blast, overall, but especially loved playing with the water features. My kids are absolutely obsessed with playing with and in water!
5. I redeemed my birthday/Valentine’s Day gift from Coachlight Clinic & Spa this month. I had a Coffee and Volcanic Mud Detox Treatment and a Vita-D Brightening Infusion Facial. Both were incredible and reaffirmed that, for me, an ‘experience’ type gift is superior to anything material.
6. If you’re in need of a yoga mat, this might be a good option. Multi-functional, ftw!
7. I’m a big fan of David Goggins. I just finished his second book and it was as good as I had anticipated it to be. I listened to the audiobook due to the three hours of additional content. If you’re interested in reading it, I highly suggest reading Can’t Hurt Me first.
8. I’ve been loving this song from Lana Del Rey’s just-released album.
9. In honor of Tax Day next month, check out this hilarious video I saw posted a few years ago. (I can’t find the original video on Instagram, but was able to find it on TikTok).
11. We currently have a three movie rotation happening in our house consisting of Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid and Cinderella. (All of Lake’s personal favorites). The Little Mermaid has always been my favorite animated Disney movie so I’m looking forward to seeing the live-action adaptation when it comes out.
12. I just printed this handy PDF to keep on hand in my kitchen.
13. I loved reading this profile one of my best friends! I must say I’m partial to her favorite quote. So simple, yet so true.
14. Gotta give major props to Fairleigh Dickinson! It’s so darn exciting when a 16 seed beats a 1 seed in the NCAA tournament for the obvious reason that it’s such a rare occurrence.
15. A friendly reminder that Sephora’s annual spring savings event is next month – April 14-24. Sephora only has sales twice a year, so it’s a great time to stock on staples or try products you’ve been eyeing!
16. Speaking of Sephora, the popular Sun Safety Kit is available now.
18. And lastly, ONE GOOD QUOTE:
“When you need to learn quickly, learn from others. When you need to learn deeply, learn from experience.”-JAMES CLEAR
Hope you have a marvelous May!
*Click HERE to read past Editor’s Corner posts.