‘Editor’s Corner’ is a monthly-ish series highlighting what I’m loving, what I’ve been up to, what’s on my mind and more!
1. We had a great time at the annual Remembrance Run 5k. T ran while pushing Lake in the jogging stroller. The Remembrance Run is particularly special to me because it was the first road race I ever ran in back in 2011. It’s been awesome to see how much it’s grown in participation and to continue to support the meaningful mission.
2. My friend Kelsi and I had an awesome weekend trip in Minneapolis! It was filled with lots of shopping, a visit to an incredible spa and just relaxing. I was super excited to have her try the Lobster Roll at Smack Shack. She loved it as much as T and I did when we tried it for the first time last year.
4. Etta’s current favorite book. It’s so adorable how she will pick it up and track T or I down in the house wanting it to be read to her 🙂
5. If you’re in need of a fall or pumpkin-related dessert, I highly recommend this Pumpkin Pie Crunch recipe. My boss’s wife makes it every year for our Thanksgiving potluck at work and I’ve made it for family gatherings as well. It’s always a hit!
6. My friend and fellow toddler mom sent me this video and it’s so spot on, haha!
8. I think I might be the last person to find out about this product. It was sooo many positive ratings but I just recently purchased it. It does seem to be just as good as the reviews say!
9. GAH, THIS AUDIO! It gets me teary-eyed every time I hear it and watch people’s reels using it.
16. Kenya’s Eliud Kipchoge clocks 2:01:09 for world record in Berlin Marathon…4:37 pace per mile…14:21 per 5k for the entire race. I don’t think I will ever be able to wrap my head around this incredible feat.
17. These chocolate chip poffertjes from Trader Joe’s are delicious. We love them with maple syrup. The maple-flavored ones are great as well.
18. For locals: 8 new stores on the way to Jordan Creek Town Center and What’s coming to Merle Hay Mall? Five Guys, Kohl’s and more are on the way. I’m most excited about the new Von Maur and I’m sure Lake and Etta will love visiting Kids Empire and Blue Zoo.
19. I’ve been having fun watching Taylor reveal the ‘Midnights’ Track List on her TikTok. Not just for the track titles, but for the amazing 70s fashion she’s sporting!
21. And lastly, ONE GOOD QUOTE:
“Find more power in riding the waves than controlling them.”
Hope you have a lovely October!
P.S. – ICYMI this month:
My Breastfeeding And Pumping Must-Haves…The Second Time Around
*Click HERE to read past Editor’s Corner posts.