‘Editor’s Corner’ is a monthly-ish series highlighting what I’m loving, what I’ve been up to, what’s on my mind and more!
1. My Arizona trip post is up! Even though it wasn’t all that long ago – the end of April to beginning of May – it was fun looking back at the memories. I also created an Instagram reel of our trip, which was fun to make. As much as I love photos I think I love video a little bit more.
2. We had a fun Fourth of July holiday. We spectated an Iowa Cubs game that had a great fireworks display and went to the Urbandale 4th of July Parade. I would call it the first “real parade” the girls have attended. Lake had a lot of fun collecting candy and Etta was totally entranced with the parade.
3. I had a nice time walking and pushing the girls in the stroller at the Clive Running Festival. (The weather was great!) Lake ran the ‘Tadpole Trot’ and was excited they gave out popsicles to the participants.
4. We enjoyed checking out The Salvation Army’s annual ‘Christmas in July’ for the first time. Lake loved the bounce houses, getting a balloon animal made for her (a yellow puppy) and just playing in the park.
5. We had a great leisurely Saturday afternoon trip to Ames. We snapped some photos on Iowa State’s campus, put flowers on my grandparents’ grave and the girls had a blast playing at the really cool Miracle Park.
7. If you have kids, this shoe sizer is awesome for staying up to date on their shoe size.
9. I’ve really been into the podcast Back to the Beach with Kristin and Stephen. Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County is my all-time favorite reality show (especially season two), so it’s been a lot of fun to hear Kristin and Stephen break down the truth of what happened in each episode.
12. As you may know, track and field is my favorite sport to follow and watch, so it was really cool to watch the World Championships on U.S. soil in Eugene, Oregon. One of the strangest moments came early on in the men’s steeplechase final when a cameraperson was standing on the inside of lane two, unaware there was a race on the track. Thankfully it didn’t seem to have a big effect on the race.
14. And lastly, ONE GOOD QUOTE:
“Life is amazing. And then it’s awful. And then it’s amazing again. And in between the amazing and awful it’s ordinary and mundane and routine. Breathe in the amazing, hold on through the awful, and relax and exhale during the ordinary. That’s just living heartbreaking, soul-healing, amazing, awful, ordinary life. And it’s breathtakingly beautiful.”-L.R. Knost
Happy Sunday! Wishing you a wonderful August.
*Click HERE to read past Editor’s Corner posts.