Our precious Etta is ONE!
I’m constantly talking (and marveling!) about how fast kiddos grow, but man, the first year flies by because they change SO much from birth to 1 year!
We had a great time celebrating her birthday with both sides of the family. It was so nice to be able to hang out outside at both gatherings – an awesome perk of a summer birthday!
Here are some snapshots from Etta’s birthday celebrations.
The cutest summer-themed cookies from Yum-E Cookies!
I made Strawberry Funfetti cupcakes for both family celebrations. I used this cake/cupcake mix and this vanilla butter cream frosting recipe. The frosting was delicious and I’ll definitely be using it again.
This cupcake/dessert tower comes in really handy for celebrations. Also, a tip – If you use this decorating kit and these tulip cupcake liners, people will think your cupcakes were professionally made! 😉
Lake really thrived in her role of helping Etta open her presents, haha!
A beautiful birthday message created by Cousin Jodi!
I snapped these photos of the birthday girl when we were celebrating with my family.
Etta just so happened to take her first steps the weekend before her birthday! She still prefers crawling right now, though. I think because it’s faster for her!
It has been an absolute joy to watch Etta grow and develop in the past year. It’s also so adorable how enamored she is with her sister. Honestly – find someone who looks at you the way Etta looks at Lake! She melts our hearts when she says “Mama” and “Dada” in that sweet, sweet voice of hers and I’m already getting excited for the day when she can say “Lake” and “Sissy.”
- Being in the middle of all of the action
- Playing with her sister – and trying to do everything she does!
- Climbing on everything she can
- Dancing – (She immediately starts dancing whenever she hears music – it cracks us up every time!)
- Riding in the stroller on walks
- Swinging on the swings in the park
- Snuggling with her blanket
- Mornings – (She doesn’t get this one from me, haha!)
- Watching Kevin
- Trying to get into Kevin’s food and water bowls!
- Not being in the middle of all the action
- Getting her diaper changed
- Getting her nose wiped
Happy Birthday, Etters! We love you so much and are so excited to see what this year brings for you!