‘Editor’s Corner’ is a monthly-ish series highlighting what I’m loving, what I’ve been up to, what’s on my mind and more.
1. Mother’s Day will be here before we know it. Check out my Mother’s Day Gift Ideas for your mom…or yourself!
2. My ‘Shop My Favorites‘ section got an overhaul this month. You can find it under the ‘Shop’ section at the top of the blog. I update it regularly so keep it in mind if you ever need some ideas for yourself or others.
3. I hope everyone had a nice Easter if you celebrate it. We enjoyed spending time with both our families. The girls got to do a couple of Easter egg hunts which they loved.
4. T and I enjoyed spectating the Drake Relays yesterday despite it being 48 degrees and rainy. At least they had nice weather on Friday.
5. Lake and I had a fun mommy/daughter date night this month. We went to Johnston High School’s spring musical. In 2023, Johnston High School was the only school in Iowa and one of 52 high schools across the nation, selected to perform “Frozen: The Broadway Musical.” Lake wore her Elsa costume and shoes and loved seeing Elsa and Anna perform “in real life.”
6. Love this so much! – How To Empower Our Girls
7. I can’t believe it took me this long to buy this best-selling kitchen gadget. It works so well and saves a lot of time.
10. Did you see the Northern Lights in Iowa?!
11. An excellent read: 15 Questions That Will Make You A Better Parent (and Person)
12. Do you or someone you know need an pregnancy announcement idea? This is pretty brilliant.
13. I’ve been seeing a lot of people with this phone case and it’s really cute.
14. I’ve only seen clips, but apparently this new series is all the rage right now.
15. Imagine unknowingly sitting next to Dwight from “The Office” on an airplane?!
16. Swooning over these soon-to-be-released liquid blushes from NARS. In my opinion, NARS does blush better than any other makeup line.
17. Speaking of liquid blushes, Rare Beauty’s are top-tier. The brand had my favorite April Fool’s joke that I saw this month.
18. Such a beautiful collaboration from Taylor and Matt Berninger. Very folklore/evermore-esque.
20. One of Lake’s friend’s had a birthday this month and we gifted her this. It’s really cute and well-made. There’s a few different kit designs to choose from.
21. I thoroughly enjoyed all of the content from Sophia Richie’s wedding. The Chanel mini dress and her wedding veil were my favorites.
22. I’ve seen a few of these PSA-type videos now warning of the danger of wearing a claw clip while driving/riding in a vehicle.
23. I had fun following both the Boston and London Marathons this month. This story from the Boston Marathon is incredible.
25. And lastly, ONE GOOD QUOTE:
“Nothing changes if nothing changes.”
Hope you have a wonderful June!
*Click HERE to read past Editor’s Corner posts.