(Editor’s Corner is a monthly-ish series highlighting what I’m loving, what I’ve been up to, what’s on my mind and more).
1. I had a great birthday this month! It fell on a Saturday, which was a plus. I hung out with T and the girls in the morning and then had the afternoon to do whatever. I went thrifting, visited the Des Moines Arts Center (I wanted to see their new 75 Years of Iowa Art exhibit, part of which is pictured above) and got take-out from Fresko (the Crab Stuffed Walleye is delish!)
2. The week following my birthday I got sick. I was actually already off that week from work. I ended up resting and watching a lot of TV/movies during the day. I watched Everything Everywhere All at Once (so creative/quite the wild ride), The Banshees of Inisherin (beautiful setting, really enjoyed it), Don’t Worry Darling (I love Florence Pugh…and I agree with Harry that it felt like a movie ;), Stutz (loved it and highly recommend!) and Season 1 and some of Season 2 of Abbott Elementary (such a fun show and I’m going to try to continue watching).
3. This ‘SNL’ skit is nothing short of hilarious!
4. I’ve been using this brilliant hack to clean up my phone camera roll and it’s been so helpful.
6. I thought Rihanna nailed her Superbowl halftime performance. I appreciated the brilliant product placement as well.
7. The cutest Super Bowl commercial, imo.
9. I 100 percent agree with this.
13. T needed new earbuds and a co-worker of his swears by and recommended these. So far he really likes them.
14. I’ve been seeing these photo cube cards all over social media and they look like so much fun.
16. I enjoyed listening to this podcast episode this month.
17. The 2023 Pantry Awards winners. I definitely agree with the winners in the ‘The Best Bagged Popcorn’ and ‘The Best Potato Chips’ categories.
19. And lastly, ONE GOOD QUOTE:
“Be not afraid of growing slowly; be afraid only of standing still.”-CHINESE PROVERB
Hope you have a marvelous March! I’m so excited for spring!
P.S. – ICYMI this month:
No-Bake Energy Bites
*Click HERE to read past Editor’s Corner posts.