‘Editor’s Corner’ is a monthly-ish series highlighting what I’m loving, what I’ve been up to, what’s on my mind and more!
3. Lake and Etta had a fun time trick-or-treating! Lake dressed up as Belle from Beauty and the Beast. My friend Lis gifted her the costume for Christmas last year and to wear to the Disney Princess concert we attended together. When I asked Lake what she wanted to be for Halloween she said “Belle,” so that worked out great! Etta dressed up as a penguin (my favorite animal!) and she looked absolutely adorable…waddle and all! Kiddos ages 2 and under look so gosh darn cute in animal costumes!
4. T and I celebrated our eight year wedding anniversary this month. We had a lovely dinner at Gastro, which is one of our favorite local restaurants.
5. Back in July I ordered a pair of Boston Birkenstocks but unfortunately they didn’t fit well (I tried two sizes, too). I was bummed because I love the look of them so much and they go with practically everything. Fortunately I found a great dupe. I got them in brown and they fit perfectly!
6. If you’re looking for something to bring to a holiday gathering, check out how to make an epic charcuterie board. Even if you don’t have access to a Trader Joe’s it will hopefully still help give you some inspiration.
7. We decided to start the Elf on the Shelf tradition for Lake and Etta this Christmas. I purchased this Deluxe Elf Kit to take the stress and planning out of it. (Bonus that I got to support a local business by purchasing, too!) It’s a kit that includes 24 days of props or activities to set up each elf scene. The elf is not included in the kit, so I bought this elf, which includes an official adoption certificate and storybook.
8. Whenever Taylor Swift releases a new album it’s a tradition that I stay up and listen to the entire album (at least twice, sometimes more), pour over the lyrics and try to decipher the hidden messages. Am I exhausted the next day at work? Yes. Is it worth it, though? YES. My favorite song from Midnights is “Maroon,” followed by “You’re On Your Own, Kid” and “Anti-Hero.” Speaking of Taylor, I made her famous Chai Sugar Cookies. Check out the blog post HERE.
10. James Clear also offers a ton of insight. This post offered some definite food for thought.
14. For locals – 13 Fall-Themed Coffee And Tea Drinks In Downtown DSM
15. So happy for Emily Sisson. Such a amazing accomplishment!
16. And lastly, ONE GOOD QUOTE:
“Happiness is to be found along the way, not at the end of the road.”-ROBERT UPDEGRAFF
Hope you have a terrific November!
P.S. – ICYMI this month:
Taylor Swift Chai Sugar Cookies
*Click HERE to read past Editor’s Corner posts.