‘Editor’s Corner’ is a monthly-ish series highlighting what I’m loving, what I’ve been up to, what’s on my mind and more!
2. T got together with some of his college friends in Nashville this month. I’ve never been to Nashville but it’s definitely on my list of places to visit in the U.S.
4. Etta is crawling machine and loves pulling herself up to a standing position. Her smiles and giggles are absolutely everything!
5. Okay, call me basic, but I bought a few of the (crazyyy popular) Stanley tumblers. And no regrets because they’re freaking awesome! Specifically the 40 ounce Adventure Quencher Travel Tumbler. They sell out so often, so if you want one, definitely sign up for restock alerts.
6. I redeemed a gift card to Coachlight Clinic & Spa that I received for Christmas from my best friend Lis. I got a HydraFacial and it was ah-mazing.
8. A lot of high school graduations are next month. When I give a gift, I like to print out this post and include with the card.
9. Lily Nichols was my go-to for all things nutrition during my pregnancies. If you’re currently pregnant, wanting to make some meals for someone who will be postpartum soon, or just want some nutritious freezer meal recipes, check out this comprehensive post.
11. New research suggests that the secret to feeling happy has less to do with engaging in specific activities, than having the autonomy to choose how you spend your time.
13. Did you know about this hand signal popularized on TikTok? Knowing about it could save someone’s life.
14. Right after the Will Smith-Chris Rock incident at the Oscars I was super curious if/how Mark Manson was going to say anything. Manson, who is best known for his best-selling book The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck, co-wrote Smith’s memoir, Will. This was Manson’s response.
15. Kind of obsessed with this planter.
16. This made me laugh. But really, I think he may be on to something here!
17. You’ve reached my weather rant section of this post, haha. But really, it was SO windy here this month. It just puts a big damper on spring. Fingers crossed that May is much better!
18. Speaking of weather, how cool is this lightning photo taken in Des Moines this month?!
19. Go The F*ck To Sleep…aka: something we all know, but don’t always do, right?? (Of course sometimes the amount of sleep we get can be out of our control if we have little ones getting us up/keeping us awake or if one has a sleep disorder.) Other great sleep resources: Sleep scientist Matt Walker’s hugely informative Ted Talk, Instagram, podcast and book <—on my TBR list.
20. I wasn’t really blown away by any of the fashion at The Grammys this year. Hailey Bieber’s dress was the exception, though. Simple yet stunning!
21. There’s a new vegan bakery in town and it looks delicious!
22. This guy is running a full marathon every day for a year. Love that he’s doing it for charity.
24. I haven’t been watching American Idol on a consistent basis this season, but I do check out replays on their YouTube channel every one in awhile. I watched a bunch of auditions and Kenedi Anderson’s blew me away. Earlier this month she announced she would be withdrawing from the competition. There’s been speculation that a record company swooped her up, but only time will tell. (This was a beautiful performance by her as well).
27. Speaking of Harry, it seems I constantly have this song in my head. Probably because it’s trending audio on practically every social media platform!
31. Just a reminder that ‘Teacher Appreciation Week’ is the first week of May. My go-to gift is a good ‘ole Target gift card. Not very creative, but universally adored! 😉 (I’m using this gift card holder this year).
32. And lastly, ONE GOOD QUOTE:
“Remember the days you prayed for the things you have now.”
I hope you had a fantastic April! Thanks so much for reading!!
*Click HERE to read past Editor’s Corner posts.