It’s spring sale time at Sephora! – AKA: one of my favorite annual sales!
Today I’m sharing what I bought at the sale, as well as giving some brief first impressions of each product since they happened to arrive before this post went up!
Sephora only has two sales a year for their Beauty Insider rewards program members – now and during the holidays – so it’s a great time to stock up on your favorite products, try out new ones or splurge on big ticket items. (If you’re not already a member of the rewards program, it’s free, and you can sign up here).
This time I actually didn’t need to replenish anything, so everything I purchased is new to me! I received a Sephora gift card for Christmas from my best friend, Lis, and I intentionally saved it for this sale! (Thanks again, Lis!)
RELATED READING: 7 Beauty Products I’m Loving Lately
The sale is currently going on and there’s still a few days to shop it before it ends on April 19. Your discount percentage depends on what Beauty Insider tier you fall under.
SEPHORA SPRING SAVINGS EVENT 2021 DETAILS:
ROUGE: 20% off from 4/9-4/19
VIB: 15% off from 4/13-4/19
INSIDER: 10% off from 4/15-4/19
*Use code OMGSPRING at checkout
Offer valid in store and online. You can use the code as many times as you want through April 19. Some exclusions and restrictions apply.
(This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may make a small commission on items purchased through the links at no extra cost to you).
WHAT I BOUGHT / FIRST IMPRESSIONS
1. Farmacy Honey Halo Ultra-Hydrating Ceramide Moisturizer. I’m a big fan of Farmacy’s cleansing balm and this moisturizer has great reviews so I decided to give it a try.
*First impressions: Very creamy texture, lightweight but still really moisturizing, smells like honey, a nice touch that it comes with a little metal scoop/applicator.
2. BECCA Cosmetics Ignite Liquified Light Face & Body Highlighter. I’m a sucker for highlighters and Becca Cosmetics makes some of the best. (Sadly, the brand will be closing in September). I got this liquid highlighter in the shade ‘Strength,’ which is described as “a radiant bronze pearl that reflects gold.”
*First impressions: Really pretty bronze color, super pigmented – will only need a dab!, “powdery” scent is very, very strong.
*First impressions: Love the bottle, lightweight, makes my hair feel soft and silky, not a huge fan of the scent.
*First impressions: Love the bottle, smells amazing (like grapefruit!), makes my hair feel smooth and hydrated.
*First impressions: The roll-on applicator is nice, glides on smooth and easy, scent is faint, love the color of the bottle – I’m obsessed with all things sage green!
6. Buxom Power-full Plump Lip Balm – Big O. One of my favorite celebrity makeup artists, Ash K Holm, turned me on to these tinted lip balms. This is a sheer pink that develops to your custom shade by reacting with the pH level of your lips.
*First impressions: Love how big the product is which allows for easy application, gives lips a natural and subtle pink sheen, moisturizing, has a slight minty/tingling feel but not nearly as much as the Buxom lip glosses, one of those “my lips but better” products.
7. Buxom Power-full Plump Lip Balm – Inner Glow. See remarks directly above. ^ Of course, I had to get the ‘nude’ shade in this lip balm, too!
8. MAKE UP FOR EVER Mini Light Velvet Air Shine-Control Refreshing Spray. For me, no makeup application is complete without the final touch of setting spray. I’ve always called it “hairspray for the face.” I typically use this one, but decided to try out this MUFE one since the brand does complexion products so well.
*First impressions: Feels nice and refreshing, scent is nice, will need to wear for a longer period of time to see how it performs with setting my makeup.
*First impressions: Well-made/sturdy, cooling on the face, excited to try it with a face oil.
Will you be shopping the Sephora sale? If so, leave a comment below letting me know what you’ll be “adding to cart!”