Happy 2nd birthday to our sweet little Lake!!
T and I have had the time of our lives watching Lake grow and learn and get to know her little personality. She is sweet, silly, funny, perceptive, determined and loving. Gotta keep it real – she can also be stubborn and bossy, haha! #toddlerlife.
Lake is a total daddy’s girl and I love that so much. It’s so much fun to watch these two play and interact. Makes my heart melt! She has been our greatest gift and we feel so incredibly blessed to be her parents.
We celebrated her birthday with T’s family a couple of weeks ago, with some family friends last Friday and with my family this past weekend. On her actual birthday, T and I woke her up by serenading her with “Happy Birthday.” Then in the afternoon I snapped some photos and she dug into her little birthday cake!
RELATED READING: Lake’s One Year Photoshoot
I want to start a tradition where I interview her on her birthday every year in video form. I think I’ll start that next year when she can, well, talk better! 😉 I still wanted to document her favorites and such, though, so I’ve included them below!
- Being outside!
- Playing at the playground
- Going on walks
- Playing hide-and-seek
- Watching her “puppy,” Kevin
- Playing with her baby dolls
- Singing songs – Her current favorites to sing are “Itsy Bitsy Spider” and the “Happy Birthday” song
- Playing doctor
- Faking injuries, haha! – She gets this from watching episodes like this
- Playing with bubbles
- Playing with her kitchen sink
- Playing with her bestie, “B,” at daycare
- Collecting and counting rocks
- Jumping on a trampoline
- Pointing at and naming objects
- Looking at photos and watching videos of herself
- Mac and cheese
- Salad – Very grateful she enjoys leafy greens!
- Fruit – Blackberries, blueberries, watermelon and bananas are her current favorites
- Many of her favorite books are listed HERE (Select the ‘Kids – Books’ category)
- Cocomelon – Her #1 favorite
- Masha and The Bear
- Super JoJo – Nursery Rhymes
- Little Baby Bum – Nursery Rhymes & Kids Songs
- Super Simple Songs – Kids Songs
- Pinkfong! Kids’ Songs & Stories – This is a great channel for learning colors
- I also have to mention Teletubbies, as it was the first kids show she ever watched and she loved it!
(All of the above shows can be found on YouTube)
- The vacuum!
- The car wash
- Toys that make really loud or abrupt noises
- She’s not a huge fan of meat, although she’s recently doing pretty good with chicken nuggets
Happy Birthday, Lake! We cannot wait to see what TWO brings!!