‘Editor’s Corner’ is a monthly-ish series highlighting what I’m loving, what I’ve been up to, what’s on my mind and more.
Happy New Year! I hope your 2023 is off to a terrific start. I feel like January typically D R A G S, but for some reason or another it went by pretty fast. I can’t really put a finger on why, but I’ll take it!
1. T celebrated his birthday this month! We didn’t exchange Christmas gifts this year, so I spoiled him a little for his birthday. His favorite gifts turned out to be the two I was most excited about as well – this Patagonia fleece in navy and this Arc’teryx pullover in black. I love both of these brands so much.
2. Speaking of T, he wrote another guest post! This one is called “From Ignorant To A Little Less Ignorant On The Economy.” I found it to be really helpful and informative and we hope you do, too.
3. Fabulous Iowa chose to spotlight me as one of their Fabulous People this month. I’m not sure how they heard about me or my blog, but I’ve very grateful for the profile. I had fun answering the thoughtful questions. The post called for a professional headshot and I realized that all of my recent professional photos are either with family or maternity-related. So the photo in the profile is older but, hey, it works nonetheless!
4. Lake is officially in her ‘all princess all the time’ phase! If she’s at home, it’s a safe bet she’s sporting her Elsa or Bella dress. She’s also started getting into watching Disney movies. Frozen, Beauty and the Beast and Cinderella are her current favorites. Despite the princess craze, Peppa Pig is still her number one.
6. Etta has started saying a handful of words and it’s melting our hearts. Current words include: puppy, Lakey, bottle, yeah, no, Peppa, cookie, diaper, Tiki (her stuffed bunny). *Note to self: Record her saying these! #memories
7. This has been such an awesome “learner cup” for Etta. Cute design choices, too.
8. T sent me this Twitter thread and I really enjoyed reading it. I love gathering any and all perspectives on parenting because knowledge from others combined with personal experience can only be helpful.
9. A terrific “video version” of one of my favorite books, Atomic Habits. I highly recommend this book to anyone who hasn’t read it yet and even if you have, it’s a great one to re-read or refresh yourself on the salient points.
10. As usual, January temps are no joke. I just want to wear something like this 24/7!
11. I’ve been getting a lot of value reading about ‘Fixed vs. Growth’ mindsets. This is a fabulous list of growth mindset resources for parents and educators via articles, videos, podcasts and more.
12. There’s a new local bookstore in town! Very excited to check it out.
14. The concept, design and fashion of/in this ad is all so good. And of course Timothée and his amazing hair, haha.
15. I believe I’ve said before that MTV’s Laguna Beach is my all-time favorite reality show. Season 2 was my favorite by far, so naturally I’ve been enjoying listening to Season 2 of Back to the Beach with Kristin and Stephen. I’m especially excited to hear from former cast members, Jessica, Jason and Talon.
16. And lastly, ONE GOOD QUOTE. I particularly love this one because it serves as a reminder to always be true to yourself whenever you’re creating something or expressing yourself:
“Don’t get caught up in the numbers game. Post your art because you like it, post your selfies because you’re cute. Don’t limit your expression to what other people like.”–WE THE URBAN
Hope you have a lovely February!
*Click HERE to read past Editor’s Corner posts.